Do you realize 6 months from today will be Christmas day! Here's some fun trivia to get you thinking about the holiday season. Get your pen and paper ready to see how much you know about Christmas. (answers below)
1. What did Frosty the Snowman have for a nose?
c. a piece of coal
2. How many gifts would you receive if you received all of the gist in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas?"
3. In the traditional song, "Go tell it on the Mountain," what are you suppose to go tell on the mountain?
a. Santa Claus is coming to town
b. Our Jesus Christ is born!
c. Dinner is ready
4. True or False: Joseph was the one that told Mary she was going to have a baby.
False: It was an Angel that told Mary the news!
5. How many times does Santa Check his list?
c. 10 times
6. It would have been a laugh to see Mommy doing what last night?
a. Kissing Santa Claus
b. Baking Cookies
c. Singing Christmas carols
7. On the eleventh day of Christmas, what did my true love send to me?
a. A dozen roses
b. A box of chocolates
c. Eleven Pipers Piping
8. Santa Claus is said to bring gifts to good children. What do naughty children get?
a. a rock
b. bag of dirt
c. a lump of coal
9. The "traditional" portrait of the American Santa Claus was created by artist Haddon Sundblom as part of an advertising campaign for what product?
b. Fisher Price toys
c. Raggedy Ann dolls
10. One of the most popular Christmas stories of all time is "A Christmas Carol," the story of businessman Ebenezer Scrooge who changes his miserly ways after being visited by ghostly beings on Christmas eve. Who is the author of the book?
a. Henry James
b. Charles Dickens
c. Mark Twain
11. According to the poem "Twas the Night Before Christmas," which of the following names is NOT attributed to one of Santa's reindeer?
12. A plant used in decorating for Christmas is the "Noche Buena" flower. What is it commonly know as in North America?
13. The legend of Santa Claus, the jolly old elf who brings Christmas gifts to good little boys and girls, evolved from the European custom of celebrating the life of a saint known as a generous man and protector of children. Who was he?
a. Saint Klaus
b. Saint Nicholas
c. Saint Christopher
14. The portrayal of Santa Claus as a jolly old elf began with a famous poem originally know as "A Visit from Saint Nicholas." What other title is the poem know as?
a. Twas the Night Before Christmas
b. A Christmas Carol
c. When Santa Claus Comes
** I will be headed to the Atlanta Market in a couple of weeks. Check back the end of July for "What's new in 2013!"
Answers: 1. (A )Button, 2. (C) 364 presents 3. (B) Santa Claus is Coming to Town 4. False: It was an Angel that told Mary the news! 5. (B) Twice 6. (A) Kissing Santa Claus 7. (C) Eleven Pipers Piping 8. (C) A Lump of Cole 9. (A) Coca-Cola 10. (B) Charles Dickens 11. (C) Rudolph 12. (C) Poinsettia 13. (B) Saint Nicholas 14. (A) Twas the Night Before Christmas
Linda is the creator of this post. To learn more about the doughlady, click here!