Tuesday, February 26, 2013

How To Make An Easter Family Ornament Tree

What a cute, fun and easy Easter ornament tree to make! It has made a great centerpiece for my Easter holiday table. I am excited to share this with you...so let's get started!!
I used a tall, round clear vase (recycled from some flowers I received) and filled half full with clear marbles from Hobby Lobby. I tied a green with white polka dot ribbon around the vase and made a big bow. I added a clear jeweled brad to the center of the bow to give it that classy touch. I purchased five green flower branches from Hobby Lobby (when they were 50% off) and snipped off the bottoms as needed. I arranged them in the vase so it was full and I had plenty of room to tie the ornaments on.

Next I made the photo ornaments. I chose to put my children and grandchildren on my tree.



Supplies needed:

2 1/2 x 3 inches rectangle wood pieces (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
Pretty spring scrapbook paper
Embellishments such as stones, brads, buttons and ribbon
Small photos of your family
ModPodge
Adhesive
Scissors
A drill to drill holes through the top of the wood pieces

First, I painted the edges of the wood rectangles with white paint. Then I cut out the photos and the paper. I layered each wood piece and paper, positioning the photos until I was happy. I used the adhesive to glue together. I embellished each one to make them fun and whimsical. I drilled a small hole in the top and added a thin coat of matte ModPodge to the top for a finished look. After drying, I added a ribbon for hanging.

I hung each picture ornament on the tree and then added some small glitter Easter eggs (in the seasonal section at Hobby Lobby) to complete the tree. What a cute classy decoration this makes for Easter.

My grandchildren love to visit and see their picture hanging on our tree. It gives me a chance to talk to them about Easter and why we celebrate this holiday...not just for the Easter Bunny, colored eggs and candy but because Jesus died on the cross for us, arose to Heaven and if we believe we will meet Jesus in Heaven someday.

Do you have any favorite decorating ideas or holiday traditions for Easter? We would love to see or hear your ideas.

Happy Crafting and Happy Easter!!



Linda is the author of this post. Wanna know more about the doughlady? Click here:)

No comments:

Post a Comment