Friday, October 30, 2015

Not the Traditional Pumpkin

So this year I opted out of the whole carving of the pumpkin. While I do love it and have done it for as long as I can remember, after trying to help the kids do theirs, I wanted something a little more simple for myself because I'm always exhausted from all the festivities. Of course I turned to Pinterest for my inspiration! I found everything from painting to drilling to bedazzling to melting crayons over the pumpkin, the possibilities are endless!
The style that caught my eye was using things found in a hardware store. Instead of going shopping I headed into the garage to rifle through my husband's territory full of things that I don't know what the heck they are. I took a couple of ideas from Pinterest and merged them together. I started out spraying the entire pumpkin except the stem with an off white, glossy color. The, with the wire I found, I just began to twist and wrap until I was happy with the design and then randomly placed each piece. The eyelets I used to fill in the extra space and to give it a bit of a pop. This was actually very easy and a lot less work than sawing through those big ole pumpkins...plus it looks super cute! I might be doing something new from now on.
Each year our family congregates at my parents' house for a fun night of chili and pumpkins. While this is such a busy time for our ornament company, we love having family traditions to look forward to!

 Follow us on Pinterest to see what else we come up with!





Connect with us for the latest inspired, creative ideas!

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Google+

 

No comments:

Post a Comment